"Super Hits Of the Seventies!" is not for sale - it will never be sold in stores, or on-line.
The cd is a limited edition DJ PREMIUM - the radio station's way of saying "thank you" for your donation - and the only way to get this album is with a pledge of $75 or more to help support WFMU for the next year.
For a $75 pledge you get a WFMU Bumper Sticker (or WFMU soap!), a new WFMU T-Shirt and a copy of "Super Hits Of The Seventies!"
The 22 amazing artists on the cd have all donated their work, because they believe in independent free-form radio.
Here's exactly how to get your copy:
CLICK HERE AND select $75 (or more)
Then select the "2012 WFMU bumper sticker" OR "WFMU Miracle Soap"
Then select the "WFMU Biker T-shirt" and select your correct size from the pull down menu
Then select "1 DJ Premium"
Then press "Next"
On the next page, the DJ premium page, go down the page to the Saturday section and click the box next to "Michael Shelley's Super Hits of the '70s" - unless you pledged more then $75, in which case, pick your additional DJ Premiums, then press "Next"
On the next page enter your billing info - and press "Send In Your Pledge"
THAT IS IT!
Once we run out of cds this collection will no longer be available EVER - so pledge right now to get your copy of this amazing album!
This fine collection has 22 guaranteed #1 hit songs - and each one has been lovingly recorded EXCLUSIVELY FOR THIS COMPILATION!
These recordings are available ONLY here! This genre defying collection is a must for all serious freeform music fans!
CLICK HERE to email Michael if you still have questions!
CLICK HERE to download the 15 page LINER NOTES to "Super Hits of the Seventies!"
CLICK HERE to hear clips from side 1 of SUPER HITS OF THE 70's !
CLICK HERE to hear clips from side 2 of SUPER HITS OF THE 70's !
CLICK HERE to see the cover of the 1975 K-Tel LP that provided inspiration compared to the Mike-Shell version!
CLICK HERE to see the 1975 K-Tel commercial that provided inspiration!
CLICK HERE to see the back cover!
CLICK HERE to read The New Yorker magazine article on Super Hits of the Seventies!
CLICK HERE to read The New York Daily News article on Super Hits of the Seventies!
CLICK HERE for the MICHAEL SHELLEY RADIO SHOW home page!
CLICK HERE for the MICHAEL SHELLEY NON RADIO SHOW home page!
WATCH THIS AMAZING COMMERCIAL:
1) Bambi Kino "You’re 16"
2) Frank Bango "You Wear It Well"
3) The Bo-Keys featuring Percy Wiggins "Stuck In The Middle With You"
4) Bucky "Band Of Gold"
5) The Chandler Travis Philharmonic “Right Back Where We Started From”
6) Paul Collins “Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling”
7) The Dahlmanns "Ring Ring"
8) Dennis Diken with Bell Sound “Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)”
9) Mike Doughty "Take Me Home, Country Roads"
10) Eugene Edwards “I Hear You Knocking”
11) The Explorers Club “Don’t Pull Your Love”
12) Stevie Jackson and The Wellgreen "Rock Your Baby"
13) Ray Mason Band “Come And Get Your Love"
14) The Minus 5 (Scott McCaughey & Peter Buck) "Arms of Mary"
15) Joe Pernice “It's Different For Girls”
16) Jay Sherman-Godfrey "Couldn't Get It Right"
17) Shibboleth “The Rockford Files”
18) Splitsville “How Deep Is Your Love”
19) Frank Lee Sprague “Can’t Get Enough”
20) Mike Viola "Lonely Boy"
21) Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby "The Guitar Man"
22) Yo La Tengo "I Saw The Light"
-Steve McFarland for the package design & amazing Photoshop work on the front cover!
-Thomas Placke for editing the video!
-Scott Anthony for mastering the project!
-Rex lending his voice talents to the commercials!
-All the bands who donated their time & creative genius to make this happen
-Michael Shelley 2012